Visit my national blog: In This Moment

Monday, June 11, 2007

Anthropology treasures to be displayed, Nancy Boyda, robocalls & life's meaning

Busy day over at In This Moment, not so busy here, but there are a few things that caught my eye today.

First, some of the artifacts that were housed in the now-closed KU Museum of Anthropology will begin showing up this summer at the university's Spencer Museum of Art. Hooray! These treasures should not be locked away from the public.

Not a surprise here: The Republicans are out to get Rep. Nancy Boyda, the Democrat who knocked off longtime GOP Congressman Jim Ryun. They're sending out robocalls, much to the irritation of, at least, some of the folks receiving those calls. The only good news in all of this is that a new state law will require the folks paying for political robocalls to identify themselves in the future. About frigging time.

Finally, the meaning of life...

Ah, well, I don't know if I have that right now. Perhaps the meaning has something to do with coming to the end of a long feature story, as I am now? Don't know. Rather doubt it, really, but at least that's making me cheery today.

And so it goes...

No comments: